Electrician (2 posts) needed at the Ba Phalaborwa municipality
Electrician (2 posts) at the Ba Phalaborwa Municipality
Electrician (2 posts)
Post level 07
Basic salary: R250 087 to R290 185,60 per annum
Ref. No: TS4/06/19.
• Grade 12 Certificate or NTC 4
• Diploma in Electrical Engineering (TVET)
• Electrical trade test diploma
• Two years’ relevant working experience
• Code C1 driver’s licence with PDP
• Preparedness to be subjected to a security clearance.
An Operation Regulation for High Voltage System ORHVS and HV Certificate an added advantage.
Key performance areas:
• Coordinate and control the set-up, work in progress and completion of specialised task activities associated with medium-/low-voltage electrical installations, maintenance and repair, including the monitoring and correction of support staff’s productivity and performance, and attend to routine/general administrative recording requirements that contribute to the accomplishment of departmental objectives
• Interpret and coordinate specific pre-work/site requirements with regard to the installation, repair and planned and predictive maintenance sequences, and guide the activities of personnel
• Complete internal transactional documentation (e.g. time sheets, log sheets, progress and productively field reports, etc.) and related forms (vehicle and tools checklist)
• Perform specific tasks associated with the operation of heavy and/or specialised vehicles and equipment (crane trucks, streetlight maintenance trucks, etc.) during electrical installation, repair and maintenance activities
• Coordinate activities associated with the construction and installation of medium-/low-voltage electrical networks
• Coordinate activities and sequences associated with troubleshooting/fault-finding and the repair of medium-/low-voltage reticulation and electrical systems.
Applications should be posted to the Municipal Manager, Private Bag X01020, Phalaborwa 1390.
E-mailed or faxed applications will not be considered. Ba-Phalaborwa subscribes to principles of equal employment and affirmative action.
• Fraudulent qualifications or documentation will immediately disqualify any application
•Candidates who canvas any councillor or senior official for preference will immediately be disqualified from the selection process or from any appointment
• Shortlisted applicants will be screened for criminal records and/or any pending cases
• Applicants who are not invited for interviews within thirty (30) working days should regard their applications as having been unsuccessful
• The municipality has a right not to make any appointment.
Enquiries should be directed to Ms A Mahlabela at (015) 780-6482.
We welcome applications from persons with disabilities.
MI Moakamela - Municipal Manager