CASHIER needed at the Ba-Phalaborwa Municipality
Ba-Phalaborwa Municipality, with its seat in Phalaborwa, invites applications from suitably experienced and dynamic individuals to apply for the following positions:
CashierPost level 08 – Basic salary: R210 420,44 to R239 037,15 per annum Ref. No: BT03/07/19
• Grade 12 with mathematics and accounting as passed subjects.
• National diploma in accounting/economics/financial management and/or cost accounting
• One year’s working experience in a similar position.
Excellent knowledge of the MFMA, Municipal Systems Act and Municipal Property Rates Act, as well as a knowledge of accounting and cost control principles will be an added advantage.
Key performance areas:
• Communicate with customers and attend to specific payments or sale enquiries
• Provide information on tariffs for specific services
• Calculate balances and explain transactional recordings and penalties
• Provide information on specific services, e.g. metered service cards, hall hiring tariffs
• Collect and count payments tendered, verifying total against amount due
• Issue receipts reflecting amount tendered and confirm recording with the customer
• Seek identification, checks and recordings, and process cheque payments
• Any other duties assigned from time to time by seniors in the municipality.
Applications should be posted to the Municipal Manager, Private Bag X01020, Phalaborwa 1390. E-mailed or faxed applications will not be considered.
Ba-Phalaborwa subscribes to principles of equal employment and affirmative action. Please note: • Fraudulent qualifications or documentation will immediately disqualify any application • Candidates who canvas any councillor or senior official for preference will immediately be disqualified from the selection process or from any appointment • Shortlisted applicants will be screened for criminal records and/or any pending cases • Applicants who are not invited for interviews within thirty (30) working days should regard their applications as having been unsuccessful • The municipality has a right not to make any appointment.
Enquiries should be directed to Ms A Mahlabela at (015) 780-6482.
We welcome applications from persons with disabilities.
Closing date: 25 July 2019.
MI Moakamela - Municipal Manager